- The Spider Shop
- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE.
We guarantee live arrival on all live stock shipped on a Next Day Service which excludes any order shipped by 1st class or outside of the UK. The live arrival guarantee is void if no one is present to receive and sign for the package on the arranged day resulting in a delay in transit. The Guaranteed is also void if the package is delayed due to any reason caused by the customer like supplying the wrong address (It happens!). Any delays in transit caused by the couriers with not affect the live arrival guarantee.
We must be notified of any DOAs (Dead on arrival) within 24 hours to claim a refund, after this period all claims are null and void.
On the unlikely event of any DOAs we will either replace it on your next order or refund of the same value, whichever is preferred by the buyer. We may require a full colour photograph to back up your claim or the animals returned to us for inspection. We may require the animals be returned even if a full colour photograph is supplied. Please contact us in the first instance nothing is more important to us than our customers.
General Terms and Conditions regarding livestock
- All sizes are approximate, we state / offer the sizes of the specimens we have in stock within the product description. Sizes may vary as we can’t measure every spider, some may be a little bigger and some a little smaller. Sub Adult and Adult specimens will be listed as SA or A, more details of legspan maybe detailed within the product description. When listed as SA/A this means we have a range of sizes available. Scorpions, Millipedes and Centipedes as usually listed Small – X Large with Small usually referring to Hatchlings, Medium for Juveniles, Large – XL for Adults. Praying Mantis and Beetle larvae with be listed by Instar (Moults) i.e L1, L2, L3 etc.
- We do not offer or guarantee specific sexes unless specified on the product title or description. Usually when we have multiples specimens they are just listed by size. Sexed females that have been sexed by a moult are listed as (AF) and Males Listed as (M) and mature males listed as (MM). On request we may try and select specific sexes which you can request via the comments box during checkout. This is usually only possible for sub adult and adult specimens. Unless listed as a specific sex we cannot be held liable for any mistakes.
- The photos on product pages are examples of specimens and may not be the exact specimen you will receive.
- Prices are for single specimens unless otherwise stated.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to postpone shipping when we feel it is either to hot or cold to ship livestock.
- Payment is in advance unless by prior arrangement.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths or injuries, caused by our livestock.
- The livestock supplied is free from any noticeable parasites and diseases. We cannot be held responsible for any ill health that later develops.
- Collection is possible by prior appointment. We are based on the South West coast of Wales (Pembrokeshire).
Terms and conditions regarding this site
- TheSpiderShop.co.uk cannot accept any liability for misuse of your account by a third party, and we therefore strongly recommend that you do not reveal your password to anyone.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order at our discretion
- This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our written consent.
- We reserve the right to limit access to the site at any time for maintenance or any other reason.
- Orders are only confirmed when you receive our despatch confirmation e-mail. We cannot accept any liability for out-of-stock delays, although we will endeavour to ensure that you are advised of any shortages as soon as possible.
- You must be at least 18 years old to register an account with us. If you are younger than 18 years old, you will need to ask a parent or guardian to order on your behalf.
- By placing an order with TheSpiderShop.co.uk you acknowledge and accept the terms the conditions stated here which can be amended at our discretion at any time.
With Equipment and Dry Goods we honour all warranties given by the manufacturers, but the item must be returned to us for inspection prior to any replacement or refund being given.
In the event of Equipment and Dry Goods being faulty, we will bear the cost of shipping a replacement once the faulty goods have been received by us.
In regards to Livestock should you be unhappy with your order please contact us in the first instance to discuss returns and replacements.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Livestock is sent between Monday and Thursday to Guarantee next day delivery. Please make sure someone is there to receive the order.
All orders are usually dispatched the same day we receive them unless requested otherwise. It is possible for you to request the day you would like to receive the goods during checkout when placing the order.
You will get a confirmation of Dispatch by e-mail the day the order is sent.
We will not sell or otherwise distribute your details to any third party without your permission. You may also receive communication from one of our other business interests “Invert Shows UK” regarding upcoming entomological shows.
All transactions go through third party payment processors Nochex & Pay Pal and at no point do we see, process or store your credit or debit card details submitted via our website. Please see their websites for more details.
Gaia Biological T/A TheSpiderShop.co.uk
Unit 3, Station Yard,